The Open Source Lab welcomes everyone to our Get Together & Discussion “Zero Emission City”!
The Get Together is going to take place within the Lab’s current key issue “Zero Emission City”, focussing on concepts of open source and open data approaches as bridging elements for cities and citizens to foster sustainable mobility and city planning and sustainable behaviour of citizens.
Our guests from overseas are going to give presentations and an insight into their inspiring work at the Open Data Institute and the TravelSpirit Foundation:
- Peter Wells – Director of Policy, Olivier Thereaux – Head of Technology, and Alexandra Chandran – Commercial Manager at the Open Data Institute (see Peter Wells on Twitter). The ODI’s vision is to build a world where data works for everyone. They work with companies and governments to make data as open as possible while protecting people’s privacy, commercial confidentiality and national security, aiming to find the right balance for all societies and economies to feel the positive impacts data can bring.
Beate Kubitz from the TravelSpirit Foundation (see Beate Kubitz on Twitter)
The TravelSpirit Foundation is an organisation that is connecting people all over the world. It is their goal to make transport more sustainable and efficient.
Whether you are new to open source and sustainable mobility or have been interested in the topics for a long time, you are welcome to visit our Get Together, which will be a great opportunity for networking and further discussions.
Please register until 17 April at the latest on eventbrite
We look forward to see you at the Open Source Lab!
5.30 – Start & Open Doors
6.00– Presentations and Q&A
– Open Data Institute: How to understand and monitor a city data ecosystem to help make better decisions
– TravelSpirit Foundation: TravelSpirit and the Open Mobility Ecosystem
6.45– Networking & exchange with snacks and drinks
The Get Together is taking place following a Roundtable discussion at the lab. Several experts involved in sustainable mobility and open data will be joining us for our Roundtable. Our panellists will be:
- Peter Wells, Olivier Thereaux and Alexandra Chandra, Open Data Institute (UK)
- Beate Kubitz, TravelSpirit Foundation (UK)
- Michael Sommer, member of Sustainability Council VW and former president of Confederation of German Trade Unions (DGB)
- Saadya Windauer, Open Knowledge Foundation and 2030watch
- Dr. Aneeque Javaid, Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change
- Svea Heinemann, Urban Transitions Project Manager at Climate-KIC GmbH
- Florian Ranft, Policy Fellow at Das Progressive Zentrum